Collection Tutorial Tool Accessing My AV1 And H265 Compressions For Free

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 11, 2019
So I have noticed that most video collections don't use H265 or AV1, and those two formats save like 60-70% on file size so I thought I would start changing their formats to those two and make a guide in my bio. I will post compression closeup screenshots soon as well. I use handbrake for the format change and Nvidia ICAT for the screenshot tool.
Guide:

this is the free version it will probably say it won't work on your device, but it will.
my personal choice of a media player.

So AV1 is support on RTX 3000+ and AMD RX 6000+ GPUs they can be ran on ones that don't have the decoder support but it will most likely turn laggy, H265 looks a little worse and takes up a little more space compared to AV1 but is supported most hardware.
The Collections I Have Formatted All Videos Are The Highest Quality Available(Will Be Updated As I Go):
Jackerman Collection and Nagoonimation Collection and HydraFXX Collection and Agent Red Girl Collection and Diives Collection and Pixel-Perry Collection (New Videos Included) and TDonTran Collection and Doberman Studio Collection
Jackerman From 64.8GBs to 7.41GBs
Nagoonimation From 57GBs to 11.9GBs (This is due to the video count).
HydraFXX Collection From 18.6GBs to 4.91GBs
Agent Red Girl Collection From 32.8GBs to 17.2GBs (Could have been lower but all videos were already at a 6K bitrate, H265 is 21.4GBs for some reason.)
Diives Collection (All 667 Videos) From 14.1GBs to 8.2GBs AV1 and 7.4GBs H265
Pixel-Perry Collection (103 Videos Right Now) 10.2GBs to 5.61GBs AV1 and 7.65GBs H265
TDonTran Collection From 99GBs to 9.64GBs AV1 and H265 10.1GBs
Doberman Collection From 46GBs to 27.2GBs AV1

Tools I Use:
(For Screenshot Comparison)
(Formatting To AV1 or H265)

Last edited:

FunkyJustin

May 17, 2018
If you do video compression in large batches, I would recommend you use , itis an open-source DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses as its encoding engine.

It has better implementation of the queuing and batch processing stuff might be worth checking out especially if you plan to do more video compression in the future. Cheers!

Nov 11, 2019
If you do video compression in large batches, I would recommend you use , itis an open-source DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses as its encoding engine.

It has better implementation of the queuing and batch processing stuff might be worth checking out especially if you plan to do more video compression in the future. Cheers!
I've tried both and they seem to do the exact same I've also just preferred handbrake over anything because I've been using it for the past 4 years.

Nov 11, 2019
Good job for making the size smaller !
how about DOBERMAN3D? it's only a 1080p but it's eating a lot of storage. could you make it much lower size but same quality 1080p plz??

This is from DOBERMAN3D f95zone page
https://f95zone.to/threads/doberman-studio-collection-2024-01-25-dobermans.54146/ :

VIDEO FILES :
I could probably compress them in the morning not sure if it will help because 1080p isn't always the greatest at compressing.

Edit: Downloading them now. Keep in mind because of how handbrake works it wont perverse the folder structure (search is still an option.)

Edit 2: Reduced by almost 20GBs uploading AV1 now and doing H265 compressions next.
1723500392448.png

Edit 3: H265 the videos actually became larger in size sadly AV1 just handles 1080p compression better, so there will be no H265 upload sorry.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: 2023-2024

KEKVS23

Oct 23, 2019
Ah mate thank you very much! I've been also transcoding to H.265. Quick question why do you use video preset as speed? Won't it be better to reduce it to slow? It'll be slower (ah!) but that could make smaller file. Just asking if you tried it.

Nov 11, 2019
Ah mate thank you very much! I've been also transcoding to H.265. Quick question why do you use video preset as speed? Won't it be better to reduce it to slow? It'll be slower (ah!) but that could make smaller file. Just asking if you tried it.
I was doing speed for the main reason that slow or normal really didn't change much and actually for me the file sizes where larger (odd) and it took longer but the videos looked identical so who knows. :unsure:

KEKVS23

Oct 23, 2019
Oh so it does happen to others as well! I've the same problem, I'm in slow never in slowest because it makes files bigger for some reason.
Thanks for answering :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote