LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
Like a lot of people suspected when they started their second game, this became a side-project.
We saw less and less content spread over longer periods, and that will continue regarding the success of Rebel Duet.
It is what it is. This was one of my favorite games, but it is simply treated as an afterthought now.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Chapter 20 is being released by mid-July at the latest. It's just taken a lot longer than usual due to the upcoming Steam release of Rebel Duet.
So much for the assurances months ago that developing "Rebel Duet" would not impact the development of "Casual Desires" negatively. Just as I thought back then that was wishthinking at best, a lie at worst. It is extremly rare for parallel development to run in lockstep, few developers are able to do it.
Casual Desires is clearly nothing more than a bythought now, Rebel Duet getting the lion´s share of development time. If RD would be better than it is, then it would be understandable. But IMO Rebel duet has an interesting story, but it fails to capture lasting interest. I missed several updates of RD due to lacking interest, something which never happened with Casual Desires! CD might be a simple "Slice of Life" game, but you need such games as well.

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Spot on.
I don't neccessarily dislike Iondivvys decision to develop a second game at the same time, but the biggest failure was to release both at the same time, evidently confirmed by as he claims that the upcoming steam release (and sorry but who buys sexual games on steam in the first place?) is so important to work on that Casual Desires took a forced delay.

If devs need to work on something else to avoid a burnout or to keep their ideas coming thats totally fine, but he should have always done that privately without releasing it before Casual Desires finished.
It'd also have been smarter because shortly after Casual Desires would have finished, he would already have had a good version 1.0 release with a lot of content, potentially impressing many more people of his development pipeline & foresight and putting him on the map of the most known & dedicated devs here.

Now he has the constant stress to work on both simultaneously and to release both regularly else he risks disappointing people and having them stopping their support, currently we already see how much less support he gets from CD fans. It will just get worse considering RD gets a second full update in the 7 months that CD got nothing.

Last edited:

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022

Spot on.
I don't neccessarily dislike Iondivvys decision to develop a second game at the same time, but the biggest failure was to release both at the same time, evidently confirmed by as he claims that the upcoming steam release (and sorry but who buys sexual games on steam in the first place?) is so important to work on that Casual Desires took a forced delay.

If devs need to work on something else to avoid a burnout or to keep their ideas coming thats totally fine, but he should have always done that privately without releasing it before Casual Desires finished.
It'd also have been smarter because shortly after Casual Desires would have finished, he would already have had a good version 1.0 release with a lot of content, potentially impressing many more people of his development pipeline & foresight and putting him on the map of the most known & dedicated devs here.

Now he has the constant stress to work on both simultaneously and to release both regularly else he risks disappointing people and having them stopping their support, currently we already see how much less support he gets from CD fans. It will just get worse considering RD gets a second full update in the 7 months that CD got nothing.
I think it was a change in priorities. The majority of his supporters seem to be coming from RD and they don't care about CD at all. Naturally, CD becomes an afterthought because why would you waste time behind a game that isn't catering to your audience?

I fully think the dev has no idea what to do with this game anymore... After this recent dogwater 0.19 update, it was blatantly obvious there seems to be a lack in direction. He does not want to abandon it because that would tarnish his image, so he makes a few renders every month to keep it alive on life support. It is hopeless for CD until the other game doesn't complete development and gets its full release.

Reactions: txx23

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017

Spot on.

Very true and I agree with you on this. Doing a second game to avoid burnout is a good idea, but he went at it the wrong way, like most one man or small group teams do, unfortunately.
As I mentioned before, I am very lukewarm about Rebel Duet, as seem to be most Casual Desires fans.

Reactions: txx23

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I love this game. Unlike most other female protagonist games on this site. The mc can make decisions for herself and not being forced/blackmail into anything. I like Rebel Duet too but the dev better not abandoned or rush to complete this game.
Btw, anyone think Rita mom is hot?:love: Such a waste:(
screenshot0018.png ,

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Hum. We are mid-july and Chapter 20 was suppose to be released mid-july at he latest.
ionDivvy any news bud? Hope all is good!
Last estimate I can see on the discord from the 3rd says two weeks until the next Rebel Duet release, then that the next Casual Desires will release after that. So Casual Desires is probably still a few weeks from release at this point.

Reactions: Ssato243

ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
Last estimate I can see on the discord from the 3rd says two weeks until the next Rebel Duet release, then that the next Casual Desires will release after that. So Casual Desires is probably still a few weeks from release at this point.
Yup. After the next RD update (between the next few days to a week), I'm focusing on Chapter 20 of Casual Desires and will not be doing any significant development for RD until v0.20 is released.

I'm aware it's taken far too long, and I can understand CD fans who might be losing their patience. That said, I won't be replying to any hostile comments or personal attacks, as I don't really find that to be a productive use of time.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
I'm aware it's taken far too long, and I can understand CD fans who might be losing their patience. That said, I won't be replying to any hostile comments or personal attacks, as I don't really find that to be a productive use of time.
Not sure where you got that ( the hate or attacks pointed to you) ... but yeah it's kinda impressive that a game that actually brought in so many players, is now just a afterthought compared to your new project !

I played this game for some years now and always loved the way you lot make it available towards different tastes.

Now i sit here for more than half a year and wonder why this doesn't have the abandoned tag ( clearly all your love goes towards Rebel Duet - which i personally don't find that exciting at a'll).

Have the patreon subs increased that much with that new title or what is this about ?

Anyway i'am just fuming out my nonsense and in the end of the day it's your choice to decide which way ya'll going as a dev team ...

Don't expect a answer according to the dev post ..

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Anyway i'am just fuming out my nonsense and in the end of the day it's your choice to decide which way ya'll going as a dev team
No matter how much money the new thing is bringing in, it's pretty scummy to essentially abandon this project here. Betraying their fans' trust isn't a good choice or a "way to go as a dev team".
At this point, I only expect CD to be rushed and botched for 2-3 more updates then randomly slapped with the 1.0 version. Unless it's not just quietly abandoned. I'd love to be proven wrong but this is a pattern I've seen multiple times.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Yup. After the next RD update (between the next few days to a week), I'm focusing on Chapter 20 of Casual Desires and will not be doing any significant development for RD until v0.20 is released.

I do not know how you come to the "hate and hostile" conclusion, but I am deeply disappointed with you/your team! It is blatantly obvious that Casual Desires, the game that brought you many of your fans to start with, is today an afterthought at best. There is no way to sugarcoat this situation and to top it off, many months ago you told us that Rebel Duet would not have a negative impact. Back then I already considered this wishthinking or a lie on your part, which time has confirmed. Only a handful of developer (teams) are able to develop two or more games in lockstep.

Today it is very clear to see that RD has a major negative impact on the development of CD, not just a bit. Casual Desires is currently just a fingertip away from being abandoned. Rebel Duet might bring you more money, but it could never truly catch my interest and going by the posts in the thread, most Casual Desires fans have similar thoughts. You should not be surprised that many fans who were with you and CD from the start are not pleased at all. Regaining trust is harder than to loose it.
Your phrasing alone is AGB-worthy! "focusing on Chapter 20 of Casual Desires and will not be doing any significant(!) development for RD" In the clear this means you will be doing development for RD beside CD, unlike earlier when you threw Casual Desires on the rubbish heap and did zero development for it, but gave everything for Rebel Duet. As said, you should not be surprised at all that many Casual Deires fans are getting pissed, annoyed and impatient!
It might have slipped your mind, but we Casual Desires fans were the first fans and supporters of you and your then only game. It does not feel good at all seeing that CD became nothing more than a bythought.

Last edited:

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
The dev just wants to bury his head in the sand, because it's easier to call any criticism "hostile attacks and personal attacks" rather than having any accountability. RD has absolutely killed CD and it's been 7 months since any update for this game. There are no excuses.

What happens after Chapter 20? The same cycle again. No updates for another year.

Very similar phenomena when AAA games fail at the market, so the developers throw a Hail Mary "people are sending us death threats" rather than working on their bloody game and fixing the criticism... because it's always easier to get sympathy that way and divert attention away from the developer's shitty game and practices.

"Productive use of time" is only when spent behind RD, not CD.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 59 Votes