cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
State of the Game Devlog for everyone to read:

Mooo.png

Hey guys. I'd like to use this devlog to talk about the broad development of the game and goals for the future.

With an update recently out the door, work has moved on to the next step of the journey. Lately "the next step of the journey" is a phrase I have on my mind when writing and planning. It's a goal I have been setting myself in order to cut a lot of the fluff from events. "Does this event push the story forward?" "Can I combine this with another event to link it closer with the main plot?" "Is this side story worth telling?" These questions have been a focus for the last few updates, and I'm content with how the pacing of the story is moving forward.

The episode at the cluster was a major intersection of events in my outline, of which two similar climactic episodes are planned. Getting to those episodes with valuable, interesting build up is my focus.

On the technical and art side of things, I have been taking extra steps to infuse each scene with rich worldbuilding, from the unique looking aliens to impressive spacecraft designs. It is a challenge to bring something special to you all while working under the limitations of the 3d engine. Several methods have been employed in asset creation, modification, and purchases to enrich the world of OO. We've certainly come a long way from those first environments!

I have a lot of improvements planned for the game. Many focus on the earlier sections, such as more relationship choices and opting out of character stories completely. Some are UI/codex changes. They are ambitious improvement goals that will take a ton of development time, and as such, will be left as ideas until OO is complete. Version 1.0 will be when those goals will be worked on and reached, not before.

For a personal update: Working on OO is still my dream job, and it's so crazy to be able to do this. While writer's block and burnout are always challenges that I have to fight, they usually are defeated easily enough. You guys as a community are my encouragement in those times, and you have my thanks.

I've picked up a few new responsibilities in my personal life that have caused a lot of stress, but my wife, dogs, and I are happy and healthy. I can't ask for more.

That's all I have to say for now... Actually... to build some hype for those who read this far: Next update is Nyx focused.
Thanks for all your support!

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
I was banned there. So no.
I mean..... you're playing a game about big mammals but you enjoy the gluteus maximus.
You already know about the fierce war going on between the 2 sides and you decided to join a Mammal Enjoying server with the name Ass Prefer.
I guess you could say that: The outcome was never really in doubt.
TF2 Suprise Buttsecs.jpg
View attachment 3981098
After what i've played so far, i will presume this line was just a dev's joke '-'
The 3 choices mainly give you flavor text to show your specialty in the academy. It would be awesome if in the future certain events would be solved faster/easier depending on specialty tho. Until now there wasn't much at stake but with the current situation there's plenty of chances for such events.

Then again that would mean a longer wait between updates and people are always sensitive about that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: waweha and torresm

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
you're playing a game about big mammals but you enjoy the gluteus maximus.
You already know about the fierce war going on between the 2 sides and you decided to join a Mammal Enjoying server with the name Ass Prefer.
I guess you could say that: The outcome was never
I do not know what you mean. It's just that there are a lot of sycophants friends of the developer. That's why I didn't settle in there because of my personal opinion. Because there is only one opinion and it is always correct.

• Haha
Reactions: Dunner

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
I mean..... you're playing a game about big mammals but you enjoy the gluteus maximus.
I guess you could say that: The outcome was never really in doubt.
View attachment 3981653

The 3 choices mainly give you flavor text to show your specialty in the academy. It would be awesome if in the future certain events would be solved faster/easier depending on specialty tho. Until now there wasn't much at stake but with the current situation there's plenty of chances for such events.

Then again that would mean a longer wait between updates and people are always sensitive about that.
Well, so the dev could just remove the Warfare feature, as it doesn't make any difference. The Mc will get his ass kicked by everyone anyway, no matter what...

• Thinking Face

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
I do not know what you mean. It's just that there are a lot of sycophants friends of the developer. That's why I didn't settle in there because of my personal opinion. Because there is only one opinion and it is always correct.
Reminds me of this OBJECTIVELY CORRECT gem:

With that said we all know that the right and scientifically proven correct opinion here is

Well, so the dev could just remove the Warfare feature, as it doesn't make any difference. The Mc will get his ass kicked by everyone anyway, no matter what...
He could do that. He could also expand it in the future.
For now he just made the MC your average cadet: lots of theory but little practice (aka the realistic approach).

• Haha
  • Hey there
Reactions: Vlbc and Ass prefer

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Reminds me of this OBJECTIVELY CORRECT gem:

With that said we all know that the right and scientifically proven correct opinion here is

He could do that. He could also expand it in the future.
For now he just made the MC your average cadet: lots of theory but little practice (aka the realistic approach).

I just have black squares, brother...

• Sad

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
Removing big tit doc for that thing was ridiculous but of course this does't compare to the fact dev put Lym in a second plan right after Nyx entered in the story....

Last edited:
Reactions: KingSet

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
I'm not interested in watching this.
why are you geh stare.jpg

1.Removing big tit doc for that thing was ridiculous but of course this does't compare to
2.the fact dev put Lym in a second plan right after Nyx entered in the story....
1. Doc is obviously not removed and is coming back
2. Lym is a submissive softie while Ear Slut is a dominant pragmatic. From a story pov it's obvious that Lym would fall behind because of that fact but she's now catching up because she knows she has a rival.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
The only complaint I have really is the lack of pregnancy. Sure our dragon waifu is nice and well knockered up, but considering how much we have laid pipe, the lack of 'Oh hey MC... can we talk for a bit...' has me sus.

I like pretty much all the characters so far, though the new 'doc' doesn't do it for me.

Reactions: Salomon108

netcov

Dec 22, 2018
View attachment 3988940

1. Doc is obviously not removed and is coming back
2. Lym is a submissive softie while Ear Slut is a dominant pragmatic. From a story pov it's obvious that Lym would fall behind because of that fact but she's now catching up because she knows she has a rival.
1. Doc's cleaning house and will swiftly returns to safe the galaxy with MC including the regular romantic intermezzo.
2. Well, I mean I think in my run I am turning Nyx sub pretty well. So far dev hasn't implemented Nyx admitting total sub to MC ("I follow but I don't serve" - Nyx). Only question is how the harem will be structured and if there will be any kind of hierarchy between the women.

• Thinking Face

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
1. Doc's cleaning house and will swiftly returns to safe the galaxy with MC including the regular romantic intermezzo.
2. Well, I mean I think in my run I am turning Nyx sub pretty well. So far dev hasn't implemented Nyx admitting total sub to MC ("I follow but I don't serve" - Nyx). Only question is how the harem will be structured and if there will be any kind of hierarchy between the women.
Oh yeah. Can't wait for Doc and the Crew to be reunited at last. I don't think that will happen this arc tho. The more likely thing to happen is we meet (plenty of scenarios for this to happen) after we secure the forge.
Nyx is a Sub (and yes I choose the same route) to the MC only. That's why I said she's the DOM between her and Lym.
When it comes to hierarchy it will depend:

4.30 star(s) 150 Votes