4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Dude137

Jan 20, 2019
Those are some interesting ideas. Maybe we'll see what the future has in store. Llama always has something cooking so who knows.

I've never had a problem navigating this game. So naturally it confuses me when people say it is.
I found out early on , you choose one girl and you work on her until the end of the loop. With a combination of using the Gallery hints, changelog and spreadsheet guide its really easy. As well as using the skip function to haze over old scenes or not if you want to revist them. I'm especially fond of the breakfast and cleaning scenes in part one.

I think some people are just trying to do it all in one shot and end up chasing their tails.
Yeah, I had a fairly easy time navigating the first game, especially toward the end, when Llama made a ton of menu changes. Which is why I was somewhat surprised he worked so hard to revamp all the menu stuff this time around. I kind of have a "if it's not overly broke, don't fix it" sort of mentality over tech updates.

That being said, I'd much rather a dev err on the side of perfectionism with tech updates and menu design, as long as they don't take forever, which Llama certainly did not. (I've seen devs embark on tech updates that take nearly a year and seem to do nothing.) And these kind of games suffer sooooo much if they lack a solid guide and gallery of achievable scenes for any update. I've started in on some grindy games but then stopped, thinking something like "I have no idea whether I'm gonna actually unlock any scenes." Kind of a shame too, cause the games were interesting and the characters hot.

Reactions: emaki and yourmomma

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, I had a fairly easy time navigating the first game, especially toward the end, when Llama made a ton of menu changes. Which is why I was somewhat surprised he worked so hard to revamp all the menu stuff this time around. I kind of have a "if it's not overly broke, don't fix it" sort of mentality over tech updates.

That being said, I'd much rather a dev err on the side of perfectionism with tech updates and menu design, as long as they don't take forever, which Llama certainly did not. (I've seen devs embark on tech updates that take nearly a year and seem to do nothing.) And these kind of games suffer sooooo much if they lack a solid guide and gallery of achievable scenei s for any update. I've started in on some grindy games but then stopped, thinking something like "I have no idea whether I'm gonna actually unlock any scenes." Kind of a shame too, cause the games were interesting and the characters hot.
If I recall correctly he stated in the discord he was still learning coding on phase 1 and phase 2 he's basically perfecting his skill trying to make it more stable and easier to update. The phone and everything seemed more like extras to help people navigate the game.

Reactions: Dude137

Dude137

Jan 20, 2019
If I recall correctly he stated in the discord he was still learning coding on phase 1 and phase 2 he's basically perfecting his skill trying to make it more stable and easier to update. The phone and everything seemed more like extras to help people navigate the game.
Yeah, that's awesome if he's made the game more stable and easier to update on his end. Obviously, players would get more updates faster or perhaps with way more content than usual, and Llama will likely save himself many a headache and much stress. But there's a third key positive outcome: I think faster and cleaner updates are integral to recruiting supporters via Patreon or Subscribestar. Llama is well off, but if he were to blow up even more, like to NLT Media status, he could potentially recruit other programmers and speed up production times even more and maybe even find the time to update the graphics side of things.

I've always thought that producing solid updates consistently is the main way of building trust with potential customers. It becomes obvious the dev is working hard on his or her game. Llama already excels at this: his updates usually strike a good balance between production times and amount of content. (Some devs produce super fast updates with like no content; some devs produce a lot of content but take forever to do so.) If this new tech foundation helps him even more in terms of production times, he'll likely become even more popular.

What's more, frequent updates certainly help when attention spans are so short. Someone can post a game on F95zone, and a few days later it'll be buried deep in F95zone's latest update page, by the bazillion other crappy games flooding the site.

Jan 4, 2018
i'm not Llama, but going by what we've seen here in Phase 2, that's looking very likely.....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You are clearly not a Llama lol.

I think you are probably right, but I really would like to see a route where Lexx swipes the MC out from under everyone. Maybe have the same obedient, independent mechanic as Alexa, just played out differently. Independent Alexa was a dominatrix, maybe Lexx could be aggressively loving in a complete flip of how she was with Melvin?

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes